Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A little bit of NY


Brrrr....it's back to being cold, damp and WET here in Pa. We had a day of warmth, not a lot of sunshine, but now rain is in pretty much of our forecast. It's good I got out while it was nice! :)

So, my husband and I arrived home Sunday evening, safe and sound from a very relaxing and fun time in the Finger Lakes of New York. It was a little different than what I expected....not much to be found there other than lots and lots of tiny wineries, but it was still great to be away. It wasn't the best time to go because of the colder weather, and the vineyards as well as everything else was barren. I am sure in the fall, which is their peak season, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Here are a few random pics......

Our hotel was superb....Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel....absolutely beautiful and very clean.




*Awesome bathroom and the most fabulous shower.EVER!



Looking out from our hotel room....normally there would be oodles of boats out there, probably in the next month.









Loved this wine bottle "tree".....it was lit up at night...pretty cool!



*Some falls in a nearby town





We did lots of shopping/scouring while on our trip...we made stops everywhere it said antiques or market.
I found a few fun things...

*Some shabby chic chairs and a piece of an old picket fence.

*Lots of ideas for these fun things!

*An old butter press


*To add to my collection



Come back tomorrow where I'll be offering up some more pottery for sale!

3 comments:

  1. Love your pictures Tarrah! Glad you had a fun and relaxing time...I didn't realize how great that hotel was! Are there any antique places in particular that were really interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crocks. I am always drawn to them. Sounds like you had a fun time with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome finds! It looks like you had a great weekend. What are your plans for the fence? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete