Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Peach Season with a Cobbler Recipe!


The peach season is just starting here in our neck of the woods, and while I was at my favorite farm market this past Friday I picked up a basket of beautiful peaches. Those were some very sweet and juicy peaches, and I can't wait to get quite a bit more this week!

In fact, they were soooo good that I made not one, but 2 peach cobblers back to back nights because we devoured the first cobbler so quickly.....in all fairness it doesn't make a huge dish, and we had company! ;)

So, I thought I would share this cobbler recipe with you and if you try it let me know what you think of it. It is absolutely delightful with some vanilla ice cream while the cobbler is warm.....yuuummmmmmmm!!!!

Peach Cobbler
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tb. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
4 c. peaches
1 tsp. lemon juice
3 Tb. shortening
1 c. flour
1 Tb. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
* Heat oven to 400. Mix 1/2 c. sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon in 2 qt. saucepan. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickens. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2 qt. casserole.
* Cut shortening into flour, 1 Tb sugar, baking powder, and salt until fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop onto hot peaches. Bake 25-30 minutes. Enjoy! :)

Sorry I don't have any peach cobbler pictures of mine to show ya.....both times we ate it, we had company so I forgot to snag a picture of it. While the peaches, sugar and cinnamon mixture are cooking over the stove, the aroma of cinnamon and peaches smell soooooo good....guess you'll just have to try it to find out!

Well, we are in the middle of a terrible heat wave in Central Pa and with no rain in site. We need the rain sooooo bad here at my house, everything is dieing and brown. I am very concerned about our well with all the water we as a family of 5 use....so send a prayer out for us please...praying for rain in Gratz! Thank You~ Talk to you soon!
Tarrah

No comments:

Post a Comment