Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caramel Corn!


Here is a sweet treat for fall that I absolutely love....caramel popcorn! It is a staple here at my home for our harvest parties, and I again make it at Christmas to hand out to friends and family. I hope you enjoy it too.

CARAMEL POPCORN
2 sticks butter
3 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup clear karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
*Bring to a boil, then add 3/4 tsp. baking soda. Mix into popped popcorn. Bake in baking dish (may require 2 dishes) at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stir every 15 minutes. When you get it out of oven, pour into a big bowl so it doesn't stick to the pan as it dries and hardens.
*Note* This recipe goes to about 3 bags of popcorn, you may want to add more because it will well coat all the popcorn. I also bake mine a little under an hour, before it gets real dark brown.

I took some of this popcorn into clincals with me and all my "girls" ate it right up! It was a hit! :)
Enjoy and have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. IT WAS AMAZING, THE BEST CARAMEL POPCORN I'VE EVER HAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stole your blog from Karen!
    I love caramel corn...good anytime...but best in the Fall and Winter!
    I am now off to read more! Glad I found ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree with laura!!! It was SOOO yummy and I'm not even a fan of caramel corn!

    ReplyDelete