Thursday, September 10, 2009

Apple Season



Apple season is upon us and seeing all the yummy varieties of apples at our local farmer's market is very exciting...it gets me thinking of the season that is just ahead! I love caramel apples, apple dumplings, apple cider, and applesauce! Which is exactly what I made for most of the day on Labor Day. My Mom helped me peel the bunches and bunches of apples that I got to make applesauce, for the upcoming winter. I may actually get some more this week to make another batch. I use the rambo apples and they are almost finished for the season around here.
I also wanted to share a picture of "Jack". I ordered this from Jenn Martino from http://yankeeridgeprimitives.blogspot.com/. She did a fantastic job on the stocking and his pumpkin head. I just love him. I have him against the door of an old barnwood cupboard. I am not quite finished decorating for fall yet, but hope to finish up soon.

Hope you are all doing well!

1 comment:

  1. OH YUMMO! I love apples in the fall. I love making homemade applesauce too. It fills the air with such sweetness and we can enjoy it all winter.

    Jenn does great work! SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete