Monday, October 3, 2011

Faux White Glazed Pumpkins and More!


Last week I was able to do a little crafting. That's a big YAHOOOO for me. Nothing is more fun than being creative. And in the spirit of autumn, it was a little pumpkin project for my downstairs, which is decorated in all shades of whites with vintage pieces worked in here and there and LOTS of wood tones too.

So, instead of just using the little white boo pumpkins, I wanted something that would last for next year, and not have to be thrown out in a month because of it getting rotten. So, I found these for 97 cents a piece at walmart....quite metallic!




And then I transformed them into antiqued/white glazed pumpkins.


Super easy! Paint them white, give them 2 coats and let dry. Then, I used a coffee colored acrylic paint and watered it down pretty good, so it was runny when I applied it over the pumpkin. I immediately wiped it off with a paper towel, and made sure that it got good in around the grooves of the pumpkins. Let dry, and it's done.

I love their shape....so real looking!

I also made some pinecone garland with the most gorgeous colored ribbon....it is a very strange color~in some light it looks brown, but in other light it almost has a purple hue to it....I love it, whatever color it is. I did make a few of these for our open house and they all sold immediately! So, I had to make more for myself!

Love it on the wood door!

So, with the talk of fall....let me just say that it has finally hit here in Pa. Oh, very cool, cool temps right now and we are still getting a lot of rain. So, that makes things even cooler and damp. Well yesterday, we started up the fireplace for the first time this season......oh, so wonderful!

Yes, we were all feeling cozy and snuggled in yesterday.

And, as always, I am doing a little tweaking.....trying out these beautiful stained gourds as my centerpiece for this week! :)


So, what are you up to?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tarrah! I'm doing a bit of Fall decorating myself today and enjoying some Fall temps here in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have such a neat way for things. I love the pine cone garland. I have a ton left over from Christmas last year and now I know just what I am going to do with them. Thanks so much. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the goodies that you have made, the pumpkins are adorable.As for me ,well I am still working on getting the craft room finished.Have a great evening!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the decor and those white pumpkins!! I just did a post on my Blog about white pumpkins, I just love the way they look!! =)

    ReplyDelete