Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekend Full of Fun!



I feel like I am still playing catch up after a very busy Labor Day Weekend. My family and I enjoyed a beautiful, and quite cool day at Rickett's Glen State Park here in Pennsylvania. If you live in Pa, this is a MUST DO trip, whether it be just for the day or overnight camping. It is absolutely gorgeous there with over 20 waterfalls along a 7 mile hiking trail in the beautiful Endless Mountains.
We took a big picnic lunch that we enjoyed there at the bottom of the mountain, and the scenery that surrounded us was just so great! We are planning another day trip there next month for the changing of the leaves....it will be even better yet to see all those oranges, reds, and yellows!
Here are some of the falls:








We then had an all day church picnic on Sunday that was just as great! They had yummy food, and tons of games and things to do for everyone of all ages. I even learned to play a new card game that I was immediately addicted to....it's called Dutch Blitz. Has anyone out there ever played it or heard of it? Being from a very Pennsylvania Dutch area, I can't believe I never played it before, but I am glad I know how to now. This is a new fave with my family. (We are big card and game players here at our house!) :)



To top off a very great weekend we did 2 huge batches of pottery where everything just turned out fantastic. A lot of new pieces that Bob created were in this batch, some of which I shared a few days ago, but take a look at some others. We were very excited about every single piece! It's quite hard to part with these pieces....you would think that I had a lot of his pottery, but it is always made for someone else...I am the last to get my order! LOL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment