Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chalkin' it up....

Hey friends! Hope today finds you well and getting anxious for fall, if you aren't already! :) Starting to put out some fall pieces here in this house! :) I wanted to show you this chalkboard that I made for $8 with a $235 frame! YES. $235!!!! I was searching for a neat chunky frame that I could make into a chalkboard for in my kitchen. Had I have an ordinaly dry wall kitchen, I would in no way hesitate to paint an entire wall with chalkboard. But we live in a log cabin with wood walls, and well let's just say that wouldn't suit. But, I do have a small area that was perfect for a frame,that I had yet to find.
Off to Michael's framing dept....I told them exactly what I was looking for and wanted no glass, no extras, etc...just the 4 sides of a frame. The saleslady quoted me $235 for the frame with the design I had chosen. OMG!!! I wasn't even willing to pay $50! So, SCRATCH THAT! I went on the hunt throughout the store, finally going back to her, briefly telling her what I was in need of, and asking if a display frame was for sale, and she told me no, but she did have something else..... oh now, I am INTERESTED. She pulled out THE EXACT SAME FRAME I had chosen, just in a different color. It was an order for a customer, but came back with a teeny tiny scratch, and so they re-ordered another one for that customer and she thought they would put it out for sale...AT $8~!
GASP!!! I was thrilled. Needless to say, I walked out of Michae's, beyond pleased, thankful, greatful, and ecstatic that I got exactly what I was looking for, for dirt cheap. So, a little paint later......
And finally...
Now for some daily messages,quirks, menus, and drawings.... Have a good day today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment